Positives And Negatives
Family law basically deals with domestic relations and family matters. There are various ways to handle a family dispute like child custody or divorce. There are a lot of people who go through the practice of such type of law, lawyers could take different areas in the field and one of which is family law.
Negatives of family law
There are negatives in family law and some of which are:
● This might rank higher compared to other law practice considering the number of possible complaints that were received
● Not all involved in the case leave content because they did not get things their way or they do not agree with the court’s final verdict
● Lawyers should take the responsibility of talking to their clients regarding the case and let them be informed about the case status
● The court should take children in highest consideration and keep their best welfare and interest possible. Ensuring that children will be placed in the greatest possible situation is a must
● Another is that lawyer may face many other challenges, like counselling and violence. Lawyers should take the best possible approach so that family can settle issues as easy and as smooth as possible
Positives of family law
● Settling disputes in this field of law is easier. For example, if the involved party has children, seeing their parents equally is possible if parents agree to this arrangement, hence making it easier for children to develop a healthy family relationship without seeing their parents fighting
● Another positive of family law is when dispute is settled, there is no need for them to recheck the situation. In divorce, for instance, after finding a way to divide money and other assets as both parties agreed, once the court divided the money and assets as discussed, then it is done, and there is completely no reason to argue
● A positive quality of family law is the possible chance of shared child/children care. Parents, as they continuously receive support from one another, will not feel that he or she is a solo parent. Including sharing of finances and taking care of child/children while one is at work
The judge or the lawyer will investigate the total cost of taking care of the child/children involved. The calculation varies from one state to another, since every state has their own procedures and guidelines to follow.
In summary, there are many negatives and positives using the family law. It could be hard not only to the family involve but also to the lawyer they hired. This procedure can be lengthy depending on how the two parties handle and accept the situation. Needless to say, it is necessary that family law is used to settle any disputes that may arise.