If you are thinking about hiring employment lawyers in Gold Coast the following tips are going to be helpful. Unfair dismissal is unlawful termination which an employee might undergo either due to discrimination against their age, sexual orientation or race. If an employee believes that they have been wrongfully terminated they have every right to hire an employment lawyer to represent them.
Things to keep in mind when hiring employment lawyers in Gold Coast
- The first thing that needs to be done is to find out about the different employment lawyers. The best information can be provided by people who have been involved in similar situations. They can give you first and information regarding their experience with a particular lawyer. It is best to find out about lawyers who specialise in employment law. It should be kept in mind that the employment law is a different genre altogether and there are special courts set up for it. You cannot just go about hiring any lawyer. You need to find somebody whose speciality is employment law.
- Once you have a few names on your list it is best to meet up with at least two or three lawyers to get an idea of what you are involving yourself in. When you meet up with the lawyer you would have to provide them with the relevant documents like performance appraisals or office memos. You would even need to provide a typed outline which would explain everything that happened. It is important to keep the summary as short as possible. Also make sure that you provide as much information as you can during the interview.
- It is important that you agree on your lawyers strategy. This is only possible after you have a detailed talk with your lawyer to find out about how the plan to go about the case.
- Do the necessary research. Before you make a final decision of hiring a lawyer you should have the names of the past clients. You may want to know whether this client was satisfied with the services provided to them.
- Now would also be a good time to negotiate the fees. It is important that you both must strike a deal which applies to you. There are some employment lawyers who are willing to provide a free initial consultation while others can charge by the hour. Also the fees charged by the lawyer depends upon the location and the size of the farm. There are certain matters which are handled on contingency basis which means that the lawyer would take a portion of what they are able to recover for their client.
Hiring the right employment lawyer means that the clients do not have to worry about being taken advantage of. They need to have an idea of what they are signing on the contract. An employment lawyer provides the client with legal advice which allows them to get some sort of bargaining power during negotiations. In case if matters are not handled outside the court, it might also become necessary for the unfair dismissal lawyers in Brisbane to make a claim in the court and ensure that the client comes off with a clean slate.